Basic understanding of Wireless communications
Basic understanding of networking
5G, the fifth generation of telecommunications, has the capability to be the backbone of much of the innovation in the Information and Communications Technologies arena in the next decade. It will empower the lives of people, and shape their lifestyles to create the next level of education, entertainment, productivity and value creation.
5G RAN, based on New Radio (NR) technology, is arguably the biggest domain of innovation and complexity in every telecommunication generation. It is the topic of focus for much of the telecom students and professionals. In the first half of this course, you are going to learn about the key ideas and concepts that are a part of the 5G RAN.
In this course, you’ll be able to learn
– The overview of the 5G System
– RAN Protocol Stack
– Key functionalities in the Control Plane Protocol Stack
– Key functionalities in the User Plane Protocol Stack
– Key RAN Procedures
5G Core Networks present the opportunity to build a more a capable network and offer innovative services in a more cost efficient way. In the second half of the course, we go through the different principles associated with the 5G core network and discuss the various network functions and the call flows. In this section you’ll be able to learn
– Principles of service based architecture
– Key Network functions in the 5G Core
– Key principles in access management, session management etc
– Important call flows in the 5G System
The course is designed to present even the sophisticated concepts in a simple to understand, concise and well illustrated manner. Time is of the essence for industry professionals, so it is aimed at being crisp and to the point.
Handouts are included for further reference for the students.
Most importantly, I take a lot of pleasure in sharing this content, and I hope you have an equally enriching learning experience.
Who this course is for:
- Telecom Professionals
- Students trying to enter the field of telecommunications
- Network Professionals
- Students of wireless communications
- People preparing for interview in the field of 5G