This course aims to provide you with a simplified overview of Computer Networks, applications in public safety, and corresponding system components using simplified explanations of all components, clear diagrams, and use cases.
We will be covering the following topics in this course:
- How does the Internet work?
- Map of Internet
- Network System Components
- What is an OSI & TCP/IP model?
- Difference between IP and MAC addresses?
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Transport Layer Protocols (TCP vs UDP)
- Routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Web Security Protocols (TLS, SSL, HTTPS)
- Basic Networking Commands (Windows)
- Basic Networking Commands (Linux)
- Public Safety Network Design
This is the first version of this course and it will be updated as we continue to witness the evolution of the Internet. My goal is to ensure people from all over the world are able to access this course free of cost and are able to learn the fundamentals of computer network systems and apply the same in their journey.
You will benefit from this course if:
- You have a genuine interest in improving your understanding of Computer Networks & Public Safety Networks
- You want to learn and master networking concepts and corresponding systems
- You want to learn how companies across the world are deploying these networks and corresponding components
- You are preparing for an upcoming interview as a system, network, or telecom engineer
Hope you will enjoy this course!
Who this course is for:
- Those looking to hone their computer network system foundational skills