- You need a localhost to run the course examples
- A code editor and a web browser
Learn how to create games similar to the award winning Plants vs Zombies
In this course we’ll build an entire game called Veggies vs Zombies, defence game inspired in the popular game Plants vs Zombies. The game we’ll build doesn’t only cover all the game dev mechanics you need to know to fly free and make any game you want, but it’s also very addictive and fun to play!
Though out the course, we’ll use the lightweight and awesome game framework HTML5 Quintus created by Pascal Rettig, which allows you to make your own video games using only a text editor, a web browser and a local host.
What you’ll learn in this course:
- Create a complete multilevel defence game
- Basics of 2D games: sprites, scenes, stages.
- Collision detection.
- Making games that adjust to the screen resolution – a must in a post-pc world!
- Loading levels from JSON files.
- Adding audio to make your games memorable.
- Putting it all together to make a fun and addictive gameplay!
This course was created by Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA and the tech blogs GameDev Academy, HTML5 Hive and De Idea A App. Pablo specializes in web and mobile app development and has produced over 20 courses teaching over 35,000 students how to make games, apps and websites.Who this course is for:
- Motivated people who want to create their own mobile games