Basic knowledge of Python
Python is a very versatile modern programming language and in this course you will learn basic game development using a python library called pygame. We will be creating a clone version of the very popular game called flappy bird that made a lot of money for it’s developer few years ago.
Creating a flappy bird clone from scratch will teach you some very useful practical skills in game development that you can use to create your own games in future.
- Gain practical experience in Python game development
- Develop a clone of Flappy Bird using Python game programming
- Create game surfaces and main display screen
- Create basic animation
- Check for events and how to trigger a response
- Add scoring to game
- Import images onto their own surfaces and embed them in rectangles
- Position objects on game screen
- Spawn objects that are triggered by a timer
- Add sound effects to game
- Position objects on screen using coordinates
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to game development