About the Course :
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is providing a free online course on ‘Geospatial Applications: Indian Context’ for the benefit of Indian students and others.
The free online course will introduce the participants to geospatial technologies, their applications in India and their potential in the Indian economy.
The course will have content on basic concepts, data sources, data processing, data analysis, data interpretation, and the role of geospatial technologies in India.
ISRO’s vision is to harness space technology for national development, while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.
The free online course will be helpful for students who want to pursue a career in space science, geoinformatics, or any other related field.
The course will also be useful for professionals who work with geospatial technologies or are interested in learning about their applications in India.
Things to Know
1. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched an online course on Geospatial Applications in Agriculture and Water Resources Management.
2. The course will be offered through the ISRO Space Technology Incubation Centre (ISRO-STIC) and will be conducted by ISRO experts.
3. The course will cover topics such as fundamentals of remote sensing and GIS, their applications in agriculture and water resources management, and hands-on training in using ISRO’s Bhuvan and other geospatial tools.
4. The course is open to all Indian citizens above the age of 18 years and will be offered free of cost.
5. Registration for the course will close on 20 June to 25 June 2022.
How to Enroll :
- To get enrolled in this programme, the interested organisations/ universities/ departments/ institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end.
- It is the coordinator who should conduct the institution registration on the official website.
- Participants can make separate registration on the official website by selecting their organisation as the nodal centre.
- Study materials will be available here, after registration.
- Course updates will be available on the official website of IIRS.