Internet access and a computer required.
Python is a dynamic modern object -oriented programming language that is easy to learn and can be used to do a lot of things both big and small. Python is what is referred to as a high level language. That means it is a language that is closer to humans than computer.It is also known as a general purpose programming language due to it’s flexibility.
Python is object -oriented means it regards everything as an object. An object in the real world could be a person or a car.
Python is an interpreted language that does not need to be complied like for example java programming language.
It is interpreted and run on the fly the same time.
Python has been used in a lot of places like in creating games, for statistical data and visualisation,speech and face recognition.
Some of the biggest websites on this planet earth use python
in one way or another. Examples inlude:
- Survey Monkey
- Yahoo Maps
In this absolute beginners course you will learn Python in a practical way
from the ground up. The course consist of over 30 hours of video over 300 lectures and several practical hands on projects.
Topics covered include:
- How to download and install python
- Installing text editors and Pycharm
- Interacting with Python in various ways
- Command line basics
- Python Operators
- Python Data Types
- Data type casting
- Python String Methods and Formatting
- Python Data Structures
- Python Functions
- Python DocStrings
- Python Decorators
- Python Control Flow Statements
- Python Modules and Packages
- Working with external files in Python
- Working with dates and times
- Working with calendars
- Handling exception errors
- Version control system with Git and Github
- Web scrapping with Python
- Python and Machine Learning
- PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System
- Python Object Oriented Programming
- Classes and Methods
Projects we will create:
- Create a functional todo app and deploy to cloud
- Create a functional portfolio app
- Create a basic calculator
- Create a digital clock
- Create a times table generator
- Create a weight conversion tool
- Create a number guessing game
- Create a random number generator
- Create a vowel stripping program
- Create a countdown timer
- Create a lottery number simulator
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python Developers
- Beginners to Python
- Beginners to Data Science