- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Familiar with writing code and using an editor and browser
Learn Vue.js in Short Bites – #1 Essentials
The previous title of this series used to be “Learn Vue.js in under 6 minutes”. Well, this might be overpromising. You’re not actually going to learn the complete Vue.js framework in under 6 minutes.
But every video in this course isshort and consise and under 6 minutes. We know your time is valuable. So we won’t bother you with long theoretical stories. Instead we teach you exactly what you need to know to get started with Vue.js and succesfully build your webapplications with this new and exciting framework. We start by installing the necessary prerequisites like Node.js and Git.
This course covers the following topics:
- Welcome and introduction
- Setting up the environment
- Your first project
- Some theory behind the application structure and important files
- Using Vue CLI
- Creating and using new components
- Adding and importing data
- Binding to data using v-for, v-bind and v-on
- Writing methods on components
Do you know all about Vue JS after following this training? No, of course not. We guarantee however that you now know enough to get started with your own Vue JS projects from scratch, or understand what colleagues have created if you enroll in their team, or gets handed over a piece of code.
This course is the first in a series of courses. Again, probably you don’t want to spent too much time or money on topics you don’t need, or that you already know.
So each of the courses in this series is short, concise and can be purchased separately for a friendly price. Hey, this first one is even completely FREE.
However, we hope of course that you like it and that you are curious for the next course in this series. Currently we have these installments available:
- #1 – Vue JS Essentials – this course
- #2 – Advanced components – available
- #3 – Vue-router, Vuex and deployment – in development, available fall 2019
- #4 – Vue additions (Nuxt, Vuetify, Vue Bootstrap and more) – available spring 2020
Who this course is for:
- Students who start learning Vue
- Everybody who wants to start a new website with one of the hottest frameworks available