Join with an open mind ? & ready to learn ?.
No prior experience with Google Tag Manager required!
In this course, we will cover everything from basic Google Tag Manager concepts, tools, and tags all the way to more advanced topics and interconnected tags. We will start with the basic theory and transition to real-world examples so you can build your own tags as we go along. By the end of this course, you will have a deep understanding of Google Tag Manager and you’ll be able to come up with your own tag ideas and implement them confidently.
Become a tracking superstar capable of executing advanced marketing experiments and installing 3rd party tools without the need of an IT expert.
With Google Tag Manager, you can quickly add new marketing tools to your website with little to no technical knowledge. This way you can speed up testing and the deployment of marketing experiments.
In short Google Tag Manager is a free platform from Google (duh 🙂 ) that allows you to install different types of marketing tools/scripts like Google Analytics, Facebook pixel, Mailchimp forms,… to your website.
You’ll learn how to do all this without any special technical knowledge.
Some of the topics we will cover are:
- The initial Google tag manager installation and browser setup In this section, we’ll take a look at some of the essential browser plugins that will help you debug and troubleshoot problems. I’ll show you how to create and set up GTM on the most popular eCommerce platforms (WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace) and on a custom website. We’ll go through some of the most common problems that might occur during your set up and how to solve them.
- Google tag manager overview and some good practices This section will be a bit more theoretical as we’ll explore and explain different parts of Google tag manager. We’ll take a look at what tags, variables, and triggers are used for. I will also give you some of the best practices I’ve picked up over the years.
- Setup essential tags and publish them In this section, we’ll set up all the basic tracking that you would need. Like Facebook, Google analytics, LinkedIn … Then we’ll take a look at how to create a new version and publish the container on your website. We will also take a look at how to copy and paste your tags to different containers and accounts.
- How to Improve & Expand Your Tracking Data In this section, we’ll build on what we learned in the previous section and learn some new concepts. We will take the tags previously created and improve them. We’ll send custom events to Facebook, learn to track scroll distance, time on site and link clicks, and send all this data to Google Analytics. We’ll also play around with cookies and URL parameters.
- More advanced tracking concepts In the last section, we’ll take a look at custom dimensions and how to exclude your internal team’s traffic. We will also look at the visibility trigger and how it can replace or improve your scroll tracking.
If you’ve just started your own eCommerce store and would like to learn how to set up a Google tag manager, then join this course. You’ll learn the most essential tracking concepts that each business nowadays needs.
If you are a marketer who wants more control setting up marketing tools and doing faster experiments without involving the IT department, then this course is for you as well.
By joining this course you’ll get lifetime access with a 30-day money-back guarantee. On top of that, you will also get personalized help from me and all the future course updates.
So, stop thinking and start learning now!
- Anyone trying to simplify the setup and installment of Google Analytics & Ads, Facebook Pixel, HotJar, and other 3rd party tools.
- Marketing managers trying to iterate experiments quicker and without involving developers.
- Online business owners and marketers trying to learn Google Tag Manager.